Monday 20 April 2020

St Mewan-Painting the track.


Now that the track is all laid and working-don't ask, it is time to paint the sleepers.

Usually I spray the track with a brown Humbrol rattle can but, as I don't have enough and can't be bothered to get the airbrush out some old Humbrol enamels will be used. These I have had for ages and after a thorough stir were mixed in various quantities and thinned slightly.

The mixture is very easy to apply and brings out the grain of the sleepers really nicely.


Very difficult to see the grain plainly due to my poor camera skills.

I think you get the idea though. Once completed and allowed to dry I will start on the chairs and rail sides.

 This will probably take some time so I will probably look for something else to do in the meantime -  Think there is an 0 gauge Palvan to finish!

Then Ballasting- O joy!





2 comments: