Tuesday 14 April 2020

00 Gauge St Mewan, Motive power roster complete- almost!



The latest addition to the fleet is this Hornby Class 121 Bubblecar. I had almost given up aquiring one of these- missed a Lima version at Alton for a bargain price but I dithered.

However, all things come to those who wait. I looked at S&J models website and lo and behold the exact model I wanted at a reasonable price- including post and packing. Extremely pleased with this model- it is mint and unrun so pleased to recommend S&J Models-
http://www.sandjmodelrailways.co.uk/
Seen here on the rolling road being run in, it has had its couplings removed and wire loops added. This enables screw couplings and hoses to be added- the most it will pull being a six wheel milk tank.

Old and new are introduced- the Auto-trailer will represent the late 50's and the 121 will introduce the early sixties. Also, whilst I am on the subject of service. I needed some metal wheels for the auto-trailer and located them at Colletts Models in Exmouth. Ordered and two working days later they arrived- https://www.collettsmodelshop.co.uk/


No comments:

Post a Comment