Tuesday 28 April 2020

Loads for Mineral Wagons in 4mm.

Today was one of those days to do the tidying up and do the little things that I never seem to get round to. Firstly I have a few Mineral Wagons which have needed a load for some time. Having a few offcuts of plastic card and a piece of balsa wood made a frame and a quick carve with a knife gave the rough profile of a load. Sticking them together, the plastic with MEK and the balsa to the plastic with UHU gave a cheap base for a coal load. I did a couple of these before I found a third wagon! 

Then , once dry they had a liberal coating of PVA before being dunked in real ground up coal. Sounds posh but in reality just put in a stout polybag and beat seven bells out of it until the required size is reached. Then again- leave to dry.






And there we have it- a couple of loads for Mineral Wagons. I will let it all dry and then trim before inserting into the wagons - plus I may want to get them out one day!






No comments:

Post a Comment