Monday 23 July 2018

3mm scale Lowfit, Fencehouse chassis and modified couplings.

 Many moons ago the 3mm Society had a 50% sale of selected wagon kits. For some reason unknown to me, possibly alcohol related, I purchased several including four Lowfits.
Over time I rounded up the necessary Fencehouses chassis and batch built three of the bodies. One ,however, isn't quite square so will probably be substituted for the spare body sometime.
The transfers are from old Woodhead sheets- the best in my opinion, and other sheets I had lying around. What a pain to apply these to three wagons!!
Anyway, I have modified my usual couplings, the etch by Worsley Works, to be operated by magnets. The lower picture shows the high tech method which has been adopted- and it works. Hopefully the loco pickups wont be affected as they are periodically on Hennock and Teignford.


No comments:

Post a Comment