Thursday 19 July 2018

3MM Scale LBSCR PushPull Coaches.

 I bought this set of etchings at the 3mm Society AGM. Quite why I did escapes me now as they are ex Jidenco etchings rebranded by Falcon Brass.
Don't get me wrong but the thickness of the etch on a paneled coach is fraught with misgivings!
However, in a moment of severe optimism I have tackled the first coach- the Driving Trailer.
having created the tumblehome, the ---- thing wouldn't fold along the base etch preferring to bend just above the bottom of the panelling. This destroyed the tumblehome and  so I am sure that an unsatisfactory result will ensue!
Anyhow the tab for the roof was folded over and the four corners soldered to give a bit more strength before I progress further- don't hold your breath though, this may take a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment