Saturday 21 July 2018

Hornby Railroad BR&CW Type 3.

I have had this partially detailed for some time and I suppose it wasn't high on the list of priorities due to a couple of the Heljan offerings.
By chance, at the Brockenhurst  Exhibition, I found a set of South Eastern Finecast flush glazing for the Lima class 33.
Never one to spend 50pence lightly, I aquired this and three sets of glazing for the old Tri-ang/Hornby Clerestory coaches as well!
Brought them home and promptly forgot about them until I was looking for something in the 4mm round tuit box.
the necessary pieces were cut from the moulding, checked for fit, window surrounds painted matt black, transfers applied- sealed with matt varnish and the windows fitted and secured in place with canopy glue. Job done- except Mr Humbrols varnish has gone a patchy matt white. Sprayed in 26 degrees C and agitated for at least a couple of minutes before applying.Note to self- don't use his again!

No comments:

Post a Comment