Tuesday 14 December 2021

Isle of Wight Southern Terrier.

 

The Isle of Wight project has aquired it's second loco- Number 10 Cowes.

This is the third loco for use on the layout which is, as yet, unnamed.

The plates have been supplied by Narrow Planet together with Fishbourne which will be the next conversion.

The track has been laid but I feel that it is too cramped so will be transferred to a pair of boards giving a 7ft scenic section together with a 2ft 6inch sector plate fiddle yard.

For once I have actually found a projected line which I will detail in future posts.

I have also found a couple of inexpensive Tri-ang Hornby ex Hull and Barnsley vans- the two of three- which have had outside framing added and painted Southern Railway freight stock brown. Transfers have been sourced from Modelmaster and Old Time Workshop.

Both are excellent but I wish OTW would print on a darker background as it is extremely difficult to identify individual items.

No comments:

Post a Comment