Friday 15 February 2019

3mm auto couplings modifiction.

For sometime I have been considering updating the couplings on my 3mm stock.

Problems have occured with the uncoupling wire shorting on loco chassis. This aspect of the operation I wanted to remove.

So, this is the solution I have come up with, not dissimilar to that which is used on Hillbrow, Woody Lane and Woodlands.

The dropper has been turned through 90 degrees and a steel pin soldered through the hole in the dropper.

This will be activated by rare earth magnets under the baseboard. At present I have fitted the modified couplings to stock which has Fencehouses etched nickel silver chassis but will turn attention to locos and other stock soon as Teignford is booked to appear at Westfest at Verwood in September.



No comments:

Post a Comment