Saturday 23 February 2019

3mm Scale 94XX Tank.


I have had another 94XX body for some time plus an etched footplate and chassis.

So I thought , with Westfest looming in September I had better get something new to run as, for the life of me, I cannot find the BR(Southern) Q1 0-6-0 that I have been building.

So, etched footplate first. Firstly the whole etch was cleaned with a fibreglass brush and the relevant pieces removed from the carrier. The result is shown on the right.

 The whitemetal body has been stripped of the old paint and handrail mouldings removed ready to be replaced with wire handrails.

I used the Expo paint stripper as Modelstrip no longer seems to be available. The Expo product is applied for about an hour then scraped off, reapplying where necessary- I also scrubbed with a toothbrush then cleaned with Shiny Sinks.

  The roof moulding, which includes the coal bunker load moulding, has been loosely fitted  with the original glue removed and the fit improved.

Below, the body has been placed on the footplate to check fitment which appears ok.

Next to make the chassis from a Brynkits kit which comes with axle bushes and brake hanger wire.

I am goingto use 3mm Society square axles on this one so more anon!


No comments:

Post a Comment