Tuesday 17 November 2020

00 Gauge cut and shut Southern coaches.


 The previous, crimson, coaches I modified had Roxey Mouldings plastic roofs. Some while ago I purchased some extruded aluminium roofs from The Southern Railways Group at the Southampton exhibition.

However, several months later and I discovered that the one's I had were too wide. So a quick call to SRG , the transfer of a few pounds and the narrower type, 31mm, landed on the doormat.

They are still slightly wide but a bit of judicious filing and now they sit almost perfectly, just a bit more fettling to do.

http://srg.org.uk/

I must admit that the renewed interest is as a result of the arrival of the latest EFE Gate Stock and Beattie Well Tank.

The impetus to complete St Mewan so I can restart Woodlands my other 4mm scale layout which has been in storage far too long.

The buildings for Woodlands have nearly all been made and await blending into the awaiting countryside.

So- work to do and a couple of layouts to sell!



 

2 comments:

  1. Did you follow the articles by Terry Gough in Railway Modeller?

    ReplyDelete
  2. No- just cut pieces and coaches I had.

    ReplyDelete