Friday 24 July 2020

009 Engine shed.


Like most things I get ahead of myself when building layouts. This time is no exception! The layout has had the baseboard joins and the feeds for power soldered into position but there is still much to do before running can be tested.

So what do I do? Start to build an engine shed!

Corrugated plastic forms the shell with strip poly for representing the shed frame. Bits and pieces are being used as the company is strapped for cash and beg, borrow- not steal- the materials to make the shed. The bits box has well and truly been raided for this. The roof is an old platform canopy which will be corrugated iron clad plus bits of plastruct being used for the frame.


Using the Baldwin for sizing- yes I know the front pony has derailed, the shed will have two tracks and the front of the layout will have the shed open sided.

The floor will have to be built up somewhat and an impression of a workshop built up- another first for me although I did partly detail the engine shed on Teignford my 3mm Western Region layout.

Oh-by the way the decided name is Gwethan Vellan Tramway- Cornish for Higher Mill Tramway. Someone will probably correct me but that is the literal translation in the Cornish Dictionary.

No comments:

Post a Comment