Tuesday 1 October 2019

Preparing Cringle Street Goods for the Poole Exhibition.


A full test of Cringle Street Goods needs to be carried out before the layouts debut at the Poole Model Railway Clubs' Exhibition on the 20th October 2019.

Every combination of locos and wagons will be tested to make sure there are no nasty surprises on the day.

I never cease to be amazed that some show visitors assume, wrongly, that the exhibitors just arrive and play trains. Well some of that is correct!


 In fact more hours go into the preparation for a show than the time we are actually making an exhibition of ourselves.

Even to the placing of figures, like the shunter with pole has to be considered as to where he should be placed- sorry to be sexist but the figure is definitely male.

Uncoupling magnets need to be checked to make sure they actually do what they are supposed to.

Overall I am quite happy with my first foray into 0 Gauge.

I have tried to create something in a small space to demonstrate that 0 Gauge need not be a huge layout.

Whether I have succeeded will be up to the visitors and fellow modellers who view the layout and my fellow operator who will have a steep learning curve, all one point and two section switches of it!

Come and see us at Poole and let me know your opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment