Wednesday 11 September 2019

POLA 00/H0 Mortimer Station kit.


Whilst away for a few days I visited a car boot sale in Devon.

That was where I found this sealed box, mint condition kit of the Brunel Chalet Station.

I believe that latterly Heljan have released the same kit so this . Unfortunately there is no identifiable dating on the box so unsure to how old this kit actually is.

I have previously used the Heljan Teignmouth Station on my 3mm layout Teignford as it scales exactly at 1/100.




Measuring the doors supplied the widest measures 11.5mm which scales at 3ft 10inches in old money so, as Station door were generous in width, I think this could be used for 3mm also.

The height scales at 22mm which would be 7ft 4inches. Again not so large as not to be used.

So- will another 3mm layout be forthcoming after East Boldre or does it get sold?

No comments:

Post a Comment