Sunday 28 November 2021

00 gauge Bachmann Midland Brake Van rebranded.

In the ongoing quest to gather a selection of stock for an Isle of Wight layout information regarding the aquisition of a couple of brake vans from the Midland Railway emerged.

There is a similarity between those wagons that Bachmann produce. However, for the purists this probably wouldn't be acceptable as it is overlong by some margin. Being me though I have chosen to turn a blind eye to this fact and, after all, it is my railway!

The factory branding was removed and SR substituted together with new numbers.

Once the decals had been applied a quick waft of Matt varnish secured them in place.

Added to the rake of coal wagons I think they look  the part .

Brake standards still need to be fitted on the verandahs once I can source them together with a guard.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment