Tuesday 22 June 2021

NU-CAST 00 Gauge 64XX Pannier Tank kit.


 

I count myself lucky to have found this Nu Cast Pannier tank kit.

Although the original title on the box lists it as a 15XX class whist it has been changed to a 64XX.

The contents are as new and an added bonus is that it came complete with wheels and a MRRC 5 pole motor. Old school I know but I remember the MRRC 5 pole from my slot car days- so know it will run well.

The wheels- Romfords -have already been fitted to the, one piece,chassis as shown below.


 Showing the boxed MRRC motor. Also some of the minor castings which are in remarkably good condition considering their age.

I used to go to the MRRC factory in Boscombe to get my slot car motors remagnetised. That was about 55 years ago and I was still at school!

Below are some of the major castings which are well cast and thicker than the castings I have been used to.

Just have to break out the low melt soldering iron and flux.
 




No comments:

Post a Comment