Monday 8 March 2021

Hornby 00 Scale 4 and 6 wheel coaches.

The Hornby 4 and 6 wheeled coaches have arrived. A quick order to Colletts Models and three made their way to my awaiting sticky hands!

I must say that the wait was worth it but their arrival was virtually unannounced and appeared to sell extremely quickly.

The body's are very easy to separate from the chassis making the addition of passengers a pleasure rather than worrying that your new posession could be destroyed due to excessive force needed to separate the two parts- Hornby even enclose an instruction sheet.




 

 A suitable loco must now be found to pull them- both of my Southern Terriers are for Isle of Wight use and, because they have sentimental value, I can't bring myself to alter them.

All in all a very satisfying trio of coaches for a micro layout wayside station- I have a 5ft long x 1ft wide board which cry's out for such a use- we shall see.


No comments:

Post a Comment