Wednesday 10 March 2021

Hornby 00 gauge 'H' class 0-4-4.


 I hate receiving e-mails advertising model railway sales! So it happened that such an e-mail arrived from Model Railways Direct .

The only thing that caught my eye was this Wainwright H class 0-4-4T. Excellent price- so hit the buy button. 

Why did I need an SECR loco? One never knows! 

BUT- the loco is a superb model and ran perfectly out of the box and so was run in on the rolling road for 30 minutes in each direction and then lightly lubricated .



The gimmick is the opening cab roof vent which is a couple of pieces of black plastic attached at one end which then slides across the aperature and enables the vent to be posed- how do I know this? My inquisitive nature, and fumbling hands, meant this piece fell out and had to be slid in again!

Moral? Stop mucking about with things!

Crew has been fitted and route disc, from 247 Developments attached.






1 comment:

  1. Tis a nice model. I have the push pull set and the loco for that one day maybe layout 😊

    ReplyDelete