Thursday 18 February 2021

Bachmann 00 gauge 94XXloco.



The 94XX I had pre-ordered from Colletts Models has arrived.

 https://www.collettsmodelshop.co.uk/

I must say that is was worth the (4 Year?) wait.

Straight from the box it ran perfectly- something I have come to expect from Leigh as he test's each one before dispatch.

The box contains instructions as to where the enclosed detailing bits actually go- a first for me.


The first thing to be fitted was a crew- Monty's Models in this case. One of my most dreaded jobs is figure painting. However, it is a neccessary evil as ready painted figures, whilst excellent, are out of my reach. The other enclosure is a nice set of etched plates. As this engine was shedded at Newton Abbot it's number will remain as trip workings to Cornwall are definately plausable- RULE ! applies!              



 

No comments:

Post a Comment