Wednesday 9 May 2018

New life into an aged Bachmann Pannier.

I found this Pannier Tank as a non-runner at the Rotorail Exhibition.
On examination the armature had given up and so a replacement was obtained from Bachmann- have the box/original code number ready, not as I did and asked for the part number on the service sheet .
Whilst I was waiting for the new motor to arrive the body was given an all over coat of dirty black paint to cover the original Great Western scheme.
Some early BR transfers were applied plus route dots plus lamps.
I visited my local model shop- Model Railway Solutions and obtained a pair of cabside plates- for a 67XX series which were specifically shunting engines.  When affixed, a smokebox door plate was made from some black plasticard and small numbers from a HMRS sheet- yes I know they are yellow but its my loco etc.
A quick coat of Testors finest and hey presto ! There are a couple of missing bits but they will be found in due course.
So- for about £25 I have a useable workhorse- must darken the con rods though!

No comments:

Post a Comment