Sunday 19 November 2017

4mm Scale Woodlands Concrete Lamp Posts.

 These have a pedigree which I am particularly fond of- strange thing to say about a lamp post I hear you say-bear with me.
I have forgotten how long I have had these but they were always destined to be planted somewhere special.
I ordered these castings unaware that Albert Goodall had passed away. I had previously obtained castings for Bullied Pacifics and some cast fencing, the order was always accompanied with a personal note from Albert which I still have.
His widow, Shirley rang me apologising that some of the items I had ordered were no longer available- these werethe gas lamps shown.
Anyway, to cut a story short, Shirley said she had some which Albert had already painted for his own use, would I be interested in them- you can guess the answer. Hence they have a sentimental value and hope I can do them justice on Woodlands.

1 comment:

  1. I love these old gas lamps. Look at my blog page on 'Breamore' there is a photo of the real thing still standing after all these years.

    ReplyDelete